Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 5-library time

Today I went to the library to check out the electronic version of Twenty-first century color lines:multiracial change in contemporary America and I was able to find a usable quote. I need to go back and print out a page.

Quote: "First, because contemporary social norm from upon overt expressions of prejudice, people may not be willing to report their attitudes honestly, especially if these attitudes violate social norms (Dovidio and Gaertner 1986; Jones and Sigall 1972). Second, when asked about their opinions about minority groups, people are likely to be vigilant and thoughtful in their responses whereupon they may draw a sharp distinction between their personal attitudes and societal stereotypes ( 'Society at large is prejudiced against Group X, but I am not').

I think that I would use this entire quote and incorporate it  as a block quote. I can't really break it up because then it would be all scattered and the reader would have no idea/understand the point that I was trying to get across.

No comments:

Post a Comment